Conversation Hearts Crispy Rice Treats
Valentine’s Day is a hop, skip, and a heartbeat away, and I couldn’t be more excited! To me, there’s no better way to look at life than through rose-colored glasses. I have so much love in my life, so you can bet my valentine gifts list is pretty long! I always whip up a candylicious treat for all my lovelies, and this year, it’s Conversation Hearts Crispy Rice Treats!
- 6-7 extra large marshmallows
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups of crispy rice cereal
- ½ cup conversation hearts, chopped up (I know its painful!) + a few additional conversation hearts for the top of each treat
- Take out a 9×9 pan, and line it with aluminum foil. Spray the foil with cooking spray.
- Add the marshmallows and butter in a large microwave safe bowl, and melt them in the microwave for 30 second increments. Keep microwaving until they liquefy (it looks a little gross, but stick with me here!).
- Pour the crispy rice cereal and chopped conversation hearts into the mixture and blend until they are evenly mixed.
- Scrape the mixture into the 9×9 pan and spread evenly in the pan. Keep it at room temperature and allow to cool.
- Once it’s cool, cut into small squares, and place a whole conversation heart on the top of each treat. I like to put them in Valentine’s Day-themed candy bags, tie with a pretty ribbon, and hand them out on Valentine’s Day.
Email me a photo of your finished conversation heart treats at firstname.lastname@example.org – I’d totally love to see it! Wishing you a fab Valentine’s Day – and remember, there’s tons of reasons to have love on Valentine’s Day – xoxo!