Cupcake Cuties and Cotton Candy Dreams
I’m a huge fan of random sparks of creativity, whether it’s inside the buttercream delights of a pink and green wedding cake or a witty ice cream name at my favorite best-kept-secret ice cream parlor (can’t tell or it won’t be a secret!). I was doing my daily scope-out of the LivingLocurto.com blog, and came across an older post on Cotton Candy Easter Cupcakes. Now, you know I love my cupcakes, and cotton candy has been in ever since Katy Perry wrapped herself up in a cloud of it on the cover of Teenage Dreams. Plus, these cutesies are a snap to create, and are just so creative. You can bet I made them and had a few in the time it took my newest cotton candy-pink manicure to dry!
Cotton Candy Easter Cupcakes, by the LivingLocurto.com blog
Makes as many cupcakes as your heart desires
- Pink and blue cotton candy
- M&M’s Bunny Mix (Easter M&M’s)
- TheCandyLandStore.com: $15.99 for 56 oz. bag
- CandyWarehouse.com: $19.50 for 56 oz. bag
- GroovyCandies.com: $4.95 for 12.6 oz bag
- Pastel Cupcake Wrappers
- Marshmallow Peeps or Peeps Bunnies (or both, why not!):
- Fill each cupcake wrapper with cotton candy. If there is any leftover, absolutely eat it. This is required.
- Pluck a Peeps or Peeps Bunny and place it on top of the cotton candy, pressing it down into the cotton candy a bit.
- Sprinkle a few pastel M&M’s over the cotton candy.
- Marvel at, and eat up! They taste best when eaten right away, or else the cotton candy has a little tendency to shrivel up – I guess it’s scared by the Peeps!
I’m totes in love with the Living Locurto blog, and am so glad these gorgeous goodies caught my eye. The pastel hues of Easter are so in right now, and these little guys will be filling my hunger while I anxiously await The Hunger Games premier! Can’t wait, ttyl!