Mrs. Claus’s Favorite: Christmas Wreath Cupcakes
I truly think that there is just not enough garland and tinsel in the world – if I had it my way, the holidays would be coated in shimmer and shine, with a mistletoe atop every doorway. I know it’s going to come as a mega-watt surprise to you that many of my holiday gifts are candy and goodie creations to add some holiday yum to gift exchanges. I found this delectable morsel idea on AllYou.com, and I needed to share. Just hope no one on my gift list is reading!
Christmas Wreath Cupcakes, from AllYou.com
Makes 12 cupcakes
- Vanilla cupcake mix
- 3 tablespoons of orange zest
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- Vanilla buttercream frosting (or your signature buttercream recipe)
- Silver or festive cupcake wrappers
- Red and green mini chocolate balls (sixlets)
- Red shoestring licorice
- OldTimeCandy.com: $1.69 for 3 oz bag
1. Preheat the oven according to the directions on the vanilla cupcake mix box.
2. Make the batter according to the box, but add in the orange zest and orange juice.
3. Resist the urge to consume all the batter.
4. Bake the cupcakes according to the time on the box.
5. When finished, allow the cupcakes to cool for about twenty minutes.
6. Frost the cupcakes.
7. Spread the green chocolate balls in a circle along the border of the cupcake to form the wreath. Place two red chocolate balls together as the “holly berries” in the wreath.
8. Tie a small piece of red shoestring licorice into a bow. Press it into the cupcake, along the side of the red and green wreath.
9. Place into cupcake boxes, and gift to all those who count themselves lucky enough to be on your gift list!